Facebook is a huge pool of entertainment. From your friend’s profiles to their posts and from beautiful images to digital motion videos, it has it all. Millions of users use this platform to communicate, share and download videos, music and pictures. Sadly, the site does not allow users to directly download content from its pages.
Wherein downloading images from Facebook is quite easy, downloading videos is a bit tricky and not many are aware as to how it can be done. In the following article, we will show you how to download a Facebook video on your computer. There are various types of videos that get uploaded on Facebook every day.
How to Download a Video you Posted
If you want to download the video that you posted on your timeline or your friends timeline, follow the below steps:
- Login to your Facebook account and find the video that you wish to download in your Photos and Videos section.
- Click on the video to open it.
- After opening, click on the options link which can be found under the video.
- You may come across one or two download options in the options menu.
- The video can be downloaded in two qualities, HD and SD. If the video is recorded in high definition, you can download it in both SD and HD. And if the video is recorded in standard quality, then you can download it only in SD and that will only be the available option shown. Depending on the quality of the video, select the suitable option. (HD is the best quality for videos available, however, it is a larger file and consumes too much of space)
To download a video posted by friends/family on your Timeline
For downloading a Facebook video posted by a friend or a family member on your timeline from a different online source such as YouTube, you will first need to login to your Facebook account.
- Next, right click on the video and select the option show video URL.
- A small pop-up window will appear showing the video URL which you will have to copy by pressing Ctrl+C on your keyboard.
- Paste the video URL on the browser’s address bar by pressing Ctrl+V.
- Change the “www” at the beginning of the URL to “m” after which the URL should start with https://m.facebook.com/.
- After you modify the URL, press enter for the mobile version of the page and depending on your browser, follow the below steps:
How to Download Facebook Videos on Android/iPhone
Download ES File Explorer from the app store. It’s free and it can be used in day to day phone usage as well and won’t regret downloading it ever.
Once downloaded, launch your Facebook app in Android phone.
Head over to any video you want to download in your phone.
Now Tap the [ > sign] just a little above towards the right side of the video.
How to Download Facebook Videos MAC and Windows
After struggling through downloading developed Facebook Video Downloader ( http://getfbstuff.com/ ).
It downloads any facebook video, be it private or public within seconds.
Follow these steps to download facebook video
Now get the url/link of the facebook video. There are two methods for copying url/link of facebook video.
Step 1: Open any video and copy its URL/link by right clicking it. If you see something like the given screenshot, right click on the “video” and “Copy Link Address”
Step 2: Go to http://getfbstuff.com/ , paste the facebook video link in URL box
Step 3: Click on download to download your facebook video to your computer
How to Download Facebook Videos on Chrome/Firefox
If you want to download videos from Facebook in web browsers like Chrome, Firefox and Safari, here’s the best solution. In this article I will introduce you the 2 best methods for downloading Facebook videos in browser:
FBDown Video Downloader (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/fbdown-video-downloader/fhplmmllnpjjlncfjpbbpjadoeijkogc?hl=en)
Facebook Videos Downloader (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/facebook-videos-downloader/?src=ss)
You can also select the video quality you want to download.
These steps should help you download Facebook videos quickly, provided you have a strong internet connection and enough storage space on your device/computer where the video can be saved. One can download as many videos as they want by following these easy steps.